The Bendigo Blues and Roots Music Festival enjoyed it’s inaugural appearance in November 2011, and after successful festivals over the subsequent years, will return once again to fill the streets of Bendigo with music on the 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th November 2020.
The annual festival is a predominantly free, grass-roots, community event that gives music fans and community members the opportunity to enjoy world-class music, with a focus on local and independent talent from the blues and roots genres.
The four-day event will again be filled with performances and workshops – by more than 100 artists from all over Australia (as well as some internationals) – conducted in over 30 venues throughout Bendigo and some surrounding areas.
The centrepiece of the program will be an all-day, free-entry, family-friendly concert featuring over a dozen great acts in Bendigo’s Rosalind Park on the Saturday.
The family-friendly and community-focused environment, historic scenery and atmospheric charm of the main concert always attracts a range of music lovers, with a welcoming atmosphere for families and fans of all ages and social backgrounds.
- Showcase local talent
- Support and invigorate the local music scene
- Showcase the Bendigo Arts Precinct, CBD and culture
- Provide a musical outing for families
- Showcase local businesses
- Unite the local music community and traders
- Bring visitors to Bendigo
- Nurture a sustainable local festival
- Bring quality performers to the region on a more regular basis