The Bendigo Blues and Roots Music Festival enjoyed it’s inaugural appearance in November 2011, and after successful festivals over the subsequent 6 years, will return once again to fill the streets of Bendigo with music on the 8th, 9th, 10th & 11th November 2018.
The annual festival is a predominantly free, grass-roots, community event that gives music fans and community members the opportunity to enjoy world-class music, with a focus on local and independent talent from the blues and roots genres.
The four-day event will again be filled with performances and workshops – by more than 100 artists from all over Australia (as well as some internationals) – conducted in over 30 venues throughout Bendigo and some surrounding areas.
The centrepiece of the program will be an all-day, free-entry, family-friendly concert featuring over a dozen great acts in Bendigo’s Rosalind Park on Saturday 10 November 2018
The family-friendly and community-focused environment, historic scenery and atmospheric charm of the main concert always attracts a range of music lovers, with a welcoming atmosphere for families and fans of all ages and social backgrounds.
- Showcase local talent
- Support and invigorate the local music scene
- Showcase the Bendigo Arts Precinct, CBD and culture
- provide a musical outing for families
- Showcase local businesses
- Unite the local music community and traders
- Bring visitors to Bendigo
- Nurture a sustainable local festival
- Bring quality performers to the region on a more regular basis